Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sharapova has lost to Serena!!!!!!!!!

I am pained. My favourite beauty-queen and sportsperson Maria Sharapova has lost; that too to Serena Williams! The top-seed lost in a one-sided match to an unseeded one, to add insult to my injury. With this Australian Open title, it is Serena's 8th Grand Slam title. 6-1, 6-2 and in one hour 2 minutes!!

However pissed I may be, I must praise Serena. She is only the 2nd player in the world to win it while being unseeded and the first woman to do it. The 25-year-old was down with a knee injury. This is a remarkable come back. I wish her all success and hope she will continue to give my favourite player more interesting matches.

I have no doubts that Sharapova will beat her in future. She was not in her elements. As they say – let not success go to your head and failure to your heart! Maria will bouce back. We are all with her. Amen!

No comments: